Wednesday, June 15, 2011

taking a break



I am on track for having 30 pieces for my show in Sept. with only one more nativity icon to go. So...I thought I would take a break and make some jewelry using the riveting techniques I learned last winter. To prepare for our class Pilar had asked us to bring scraps of material we could use in the bracelet. All I had were some art show invitations and I found their graphics very appealing for the project.  For the jewelry below I used an invitation from Patty Alander's show in Evergreen (with her approval). ( see http://www.alanderart.wordpress.com/) I love Patty's prints and this is one of my favorites. For the bracelet and earrings I used snippets from the invitation. For the necklace I made a small beaded piece framed in copper based on her design. I am going for a "rustic" textured look.  I still need a lot of practice.

necklace, earring and bracelet set of copper, beads and paper
necklace of beads and copper

No comments:

Post a Comment