Monday, June 20, 2011

sketches: In the Beginning

A year ago my friend, Sherry Stiles, and I challanged one another to do a sketch a day for a period of time. I decided I was not happy doing drawings on paper and I wanted to do mine with beads. (Needless to say I am not able to do a sketch a day.) Doing these small beaded pieces is giving me a chance to experiment with different ideas, textures and bead stitches. The result of this challange is this first series, "Sketches: Creation" based on the biblical story of the creation of the world. Each "day" consists of 4 2"x2" sketches using glass seed beads stitched on pelon then glued to a 4 3/4" square canvas. I will post a new sketch every day.

"In the Beginning"
Genesis 1: 1&2 - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters."

No comments:

Post a Comment