Sunday, May 29, 2011

Show and Tell

Tree of Life
I started this blog to show my art work, as my own online gallery, easier to "hang" than a website. Talking about my work is another thing altogether......I don't like to. In many ways I think it is self-explanatory. I consider myself an artist/craftsman. I work with materials which are considered "craft" as opposed to "fine art". I like to make things. I like to make beautiful things for people to enjoy. Celebration and contemplation are the themes that run through my work - celebration of the joys of life in God's created universe and contemplation of the mystery of His revelation in Christ. I fell in love with the icons and symbols of the Church and scripture years ago. With that inspiration I create works meant for personal, quiet contemplation. I love it when someone gets pleasure wearing a piece of jewelry that I have created.

Exploring the techniques of bead work and metal work is what I am interested in now. As I go along with this blog I will be posting some of the older work that I have created and then I will post new pieces as I finish them.

I hope you enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment